• Looking for Help as a New or Returning Ham Radio Operator?

    Send an email to hamhelp@sbcara.org and someone will contact you to see how we can help!

    For ham cram & testing registration or information e-mail testing@sbcares.org.

Ham Fun: Everything you wanted to know about FRS, GMRS, MURS, and HAM Radio But Were Afraid To Ask!

About this Event

  • What are the differences between these services?
  • Which ones need a license to operate?
  • Is it OK to program my Baofeng, Anytone, Wouxon, Yaesu, Kenwood, etc radios with these frequencies?
  • Is it legal?
  • Why should I choose one service over the other?
  • All these questions and MORE will be answered!

Directions to the SBCARA DOC

FRS -Family Radio Service

GMRS -General Mobile Radio Service

MURS -Multi-Use Radio Service

HAM- Amateur Radio Service

Comments are closed.