- This page is still being updated for the rescheduling, so much of this page is a mix of last year’s information and the original date for this year. Please feel free to sign up for the email list as a volunteer, but do not go to the Sea Otter Classic page until it is updated for the new date. Thanks!
- If you would like to sign up to volunteer, please go to the Join Volunteer page.
- If you have signed up as a volunteer and want more information as to what you need to do, please go to the Amateur Radio Volunteer Information page.
- If you’re curious about how the timing goes across the three days that we’re operating in, please see the Schedule page.
- If you want more information about the event in general, please go to our About page or the Sea Otter Classic website.
Please note that the times and details are subject to change, but we will keep you updated if you volunteer. Please keep in mind that end times are estimates. In most cases the event will end earlier, but if we have a significant incident, demobilization may go much later.
Frequency – Back Country will be using will be a 2 meter ham frequency with an odd offset, and Carmelo (the Carmel Valley Route) has a primary tactical repeater for command operations, and WB6ECE and KI6PAU as a alternate ham command communications options. Please see the IAP (Incident/Event Action Plan) for details.
Note – the IAP (Incident/Event Action Plan) contains frequencies and operational details for the event and gets updated frequently. The Ham Radio Operations Guide is pretty static
MAPS & ROUTES
Fort Ord Back Country
NOTE: THESE ARE LAST YEAR’S DOCUMENTS AND WILL CHANGE – IF YOU WANT TO SAVE PAPER, WAIT BEFORE PRINTING THESE DOCUMENTS
Most of these are here for reference only and much will be similar to last year
Below is the volunteer assignments based on your preference and the current plans.
- Your assignment may change before the event based on conditions. We’ve already had last minute changes in volunteers. Please be flexible in case we have to change your assignment.
- Assignments are for the full period. If you’re late we can’t let you in and there is no way to allow you to leave early unless it is an emergency.
- In most cases, you’ll be teamed up and your car may be left behind during the event. Please prepare your vehicle so it may be parked and secured during the event.
- BkC – Back Country – Fort Ord Public Lands (FOPL)
- Base – Remote base location on the Carmel Valley Route
- Field – Field location in the Fort Ord Public Lands
- NCS – Net Control Station
- Road – Carmelo – Gran Fondo Carmel Valley Route – Road event
- Rover – Carmelo – Carmel Valley Route – Mobile/SAG Support
- + – Option to Support this as an alternate assignment